Thursday, July 16, 2009

Richard Jefferson Leaves Bride @ Alter


I know you have heard all about this story and I actually wasn't even going to post it, but I guess, I'd better so I can give my two cents about it.

First off, WHO IS RICHARD JEFFERSON? If you are not a big NBA fan, you may not know who he is. Richard Jefferson is former New Jersey Nets player who was traded to the San Antonio Spurs in June. To make a long story short, Richard ended his five-year relationship with Kesha Ni'Cole Nichols shortly after 4th of July weekend and 1 week before the wedding date, by sending her an e-mail. Yes you read correctly.... an EMAIL! Richard said he chose to break up with her via e-mail because "sometimes you might write an e-mail to get your thoughts down right," according to the Post. Richard told the Post that Kesha is one of his best friends, and he is giving her a six-figure settlement. Of the money he's giving Kesha, Richard said, "I'm not trying to buy her off. She has a lump sum to help her move on."

WOW! He calls off the wedding via email, THEN gives her a six-figure settlement!! WOW! I feel so bad for Kesha. I can not even begin to imagine the hurt she is experiencing right now. All I can think of is the scene with Carrie Bradshaw in Sex And The City: The Movie, where Mr. BIG leaves her at the alter. Time heels all wounds!!!! But let me say this... It is a good thing the problem was corrected before the vows were taken and I must say he is a sincere person to not just leave her high and dry. I think its awesome that he is helping her get "on her feet" per say so she can move on with her life!!
Listen to Jefferson tell the Dan Patrick Show about the breakup.

No comments: