Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Isaac Hayes III Speaks on His Father's Death...


Straight from his website, Music Producer Isaac Hayes III a.k.a Ike “Dirty” Hayes speaks on the death of his father:

"This is hard. I wanna thank everyone who has called, e-mailed or texted me in the last day. It means a great deal to me and my family. So many things are going on in my head right now it’s kind of hard to think. I wanna write though. I know this will help me. This is gonna be kinda jumbled. I’m sad, I’m angry, I’m happy all at once right now. I have so many memories of being my fathers son. Little things that make all the difference. Things that help me maintain right now. I can’t be too sad though. My father did great, great things as a Musician, Humanitarian, a Father and a Black man. I’m so happy he touched and inspired so many people in a positive way. I am more proud of my father than anyone could know. I’m so messed up right now that he’s gone too soon for me but his life was a good one. He lived! Traveled the world. Followed his dreams and was extremely blessed and successful. I will no longer take another second for granted in my life and work towards all my goals with renewed drive and purpose. I do it for my dad. I do it for me. This blog included. Hug the ones you love right now. I didnt get to hug my father before he passed. Let go of silly things that have you at odss with the ones you love. Life is short. Live".
Please continue to keep his family and friends in your prayers during this difficult time!!

No comments: